KLEIN AUS VISTA - DESERT HORSE CAMPSITEDesert Horse Campsite at Klein Aus Vista is a magical campsite that will call you back again and again. Situated in an amphitheatre of rock, it’s a hideaway that evokes the feeling of wilderness although only a two kilometre-drive from Desert Horse Inn. The sites are positioned under large camelthorn trees, some adorned with sociable weaver nests.
If energetic, stretch legs on the series of hiking and mountain-bike trails that begin here. If not, take a stroll up the rocky hills in the late afternoon for the exceptional views of the Pro-Namib merging with desert sands, a vista that Klein Aus is renowned for. It will be a sunset to remember.
A prime spot in the area, Desert Horse Campsite provides an ideal base to explore the south-western corner of Namibia. Here, wild horses of the Namib roam, desert sand blows through old diamond towns and Lüderitz holds century-old dreams.
Campers are welcome to dine in the cosy restaurant and partake in the guided nature and sunset drives.
At Klein Aus Vista camping pleasures are enjoyed to the full. Luxuries like hot-water showers, flush toilets and an excellent site are provided and the rest is courtesy of Mother Nature. There’s nothing quite like the simple pleasures of life: camaraderie around the campfire and the enchantment of a star-studded heaven.
Feel the invigorating energy of the wild spaces of Namibia and its soft, gentle peace.
|Rates N$ incl. VAT||Rate per Person|
|Season 2016: 1 January 2016 - 31 December 2016||N$ 120|
|Season 2017: 1 January 2017 - 31 December 2017||N$ 130|
HAVE YOUR SAY
VIEW GOOGLE MAP
- • Credit Card: Visa, Master
- • 10 Campsites
- • Scenic Sunset Drive
- • Desert Tour (leaving early in the morning)
- • Hiking Trails
- • Mountain Bike Trails
- • Day trip to Lüderitz and Kolmanskop
- • Ablution Facilities (gas heated showers & flush toilets)
- • Benches, Grill & Windbreak
- • Barbeque packs are available
- • Restaurant (1,5 km away)
- • No Power Points
- • Secure Parking
- • Mobile Connectivity
Tel: +264 63 258116 / +264 63 258021
Fax: +264 63 258021
Fax: +264 63 258021
- Children are most welcome at all our venues. Children up to 5 years old are free of charge; for children between the age of 6 and 13 years we charge 50 per cent of the Campsite rate. For teenagers 13 years and older we charge the adult rates.