We all have those days when our leave days have been marked down for a while and we have muttered a holiday plan to our family or friends a couple of times – a few friends seem to be interested in joining too. With so many choices for accommodation and activities in Namibia, Gondwana Collection became your pick. Well don’t we all get excited when our calendar marked holiday date finally draws closer? In honour of that soon-to-come Namibian holiday here are a few ‘Travel Memes’ that resemble it’s almost vacation time:
- Finally decided it’s time to get away from it all, even from the cousin that wants to visit all the time.
2. Time is standing still and that holiday seems implausible. Like how many more years to go?
3. Excited because friends or family are joining too, hopefully they do not end up cancelling last minute. – As most do!
4. Finally booked the flight or bus tickets, so there is no getting out of this one.
5. The last day at work before the holiday has got you like…
6. Only pack the essentials and remember that hat, the Namibian sun is so close…very close.
7. Did you just get that window seat you had been hoping for?
8. But then the passenger seated on the left decides to make use of both armrests. Really?
9. “Are you sure only essentials are packed”, asks the on-board compartment?
10. Prepping for your holiday by reading up on Namibian history but your neighbour seems to have a juicer family story in mind.
11. Finally in Namibia and walking out of the Hosea Kutako International airport like Beyoncé.
12. But first you ask the driver to take 300 photos of to post on social media,just to ensure those who have cancelled know – you have made it to Namibia and you’re having the best time.
13. Walking around the Namibia Craft Centre and someone says to you: “awe you look like a nice cherrie, huzit?”
14. Friends call to check in on how the holiday is going, while you’re clearly only interested in sunbathing at the Canyon Lodge’s swimming pool.
15. But then you find yourself in the company of welcoming Namibian people.
16. You realise it’s time to drop off the Namibia2Go vehicle, because the holiday is OVER.
17. You had such an amazing time at the Gondwana Lodges and ready to book for the rest of the family.
What are some of your quirky travel habits? Share your favourite travel memes? Let us know by sharing your story in the comment section below.
Author – I’m Nela, from Windhoek Namibia but born in a small village called Omatunda in northern Namibia. I am passionate about writing, research and photography, as it helps me gain knowledge about people and my country.